Thursday, April 16, 2009

Preparing for the Prom- Look Fabulous with these tips!!!

Hey Fashionistas:

I recently did a prom expo with celebrity hair stylist, Naeemah Johnson of Celebrity Hair Studio. I had a great time. I was a host and feature model and I had the privilege of sitting in Naeemah’s chair and getting the best hairstyle to date. I loved the long soft curls the she gave that created a youthful and elegant look. Check out the pics.

I also love the make up that was created by Naeema (different person). She definitely knows how to make a face! I appreciated the natural look and the eyes were amazing.

So here are my prom predictions for the year:

1. Definitely a soft makeup with a little color. Don’t go crazy and splatter so much color on you that you look like a circus act. Keep it simple and pretty. This is the celebrity look that is totally glam.


2. Natural hair is definitely a go! Have your tresses dangle softly. No extreme styles, just soft and pretty. Think of Lena Horne, Mayme Johnson (wife of Bumpy Johnson, the Harlem Gangster). I also like the 30’s wave look. Think of Dorothy Dandridge and Josephine Baker. etc.


3. Dresses should be long and beautiful. Please, do not wear a bikini to the prom. That is for the pool party afterwards. Too much skin is not attractive on such a special night and since we are teens, the look should be reminiscent of classic not tragic! If you are looking for a great dress, check out http://www.walishgooshe.com/ for beautiful dresses that are hot! (this is not a Walish Gooshe in the images)

4. You can never go wrong with a cute clutch that is glittery, a pair of dangling crystal earrings, and glittery shoes.

5. When in doubt, visit a stylist like my favorite, Angela Edmunds of Showroom 77 (http://www.showroom77.net/) she can help you get the perfect look at a reasonable cost.

Have fun high school seniors and juniors and send me pics of what you wore so that I can post them on my page.

Fashionably Out,
Tweety E.