Sunday, May 10, 2009

Tweety on the Scene- Red Carpet for Secret Society the Paly

Hey Fashionistas:

I had the pleasure of participating as the fashion host on the red carpet of one of the most anticipated stage plays in Philly, Secret Society. There was so much going on that I want to give you a quick rundown of everything that occurred. I should have done it on my Twitter but I forgot about the dang thing…

I arrived early to the auditorium and had the opportunity to meet Carmen, one of the hottest publicists in Philly. She was the one that invited me and I thank her.

I went to get dressed. I wore a beautiful silver/champagne colored dress made by Walish Gooshe. What made this dress so hot are the ties that create a halter. You twist them and create a really cool crisscross on the back. There are many ways to tie it. I was blinging greatly with accessories. I wore drop crystal earrings; a crystal bracelet and a gorgeous ring that matched my clothing to the T! I also wore silver strappy sandals by Wild Rose. They had a diamond pendant on them. My wardrobe was picked out for me by my stylist, Angela Edmunds, of Showroom 77. She is the best!

I decided that I wanted to go natural on the red carpet so I did not wear any makeup. I twisted my hair that evening so I had a messy-wave look with it all flowing to the side. This was a trick that I learned from my mom. I looked great!

I met a lot of great people starting with the ladies of Totally Posh Boutique. These three ladies know how to do the red carpet. They were wearing exclusives that can only be purchased at the boutique. We had a great time sharing the carpet and fashion dos and don’ts for red carpet fashion.

I talked with the designer of my dress and the man behind Walish Gooshe, Greg Taylor. He thought that I looked absolutely fabulous in his dress. I blush! We talked about the look for the summer and he had a lot of great ideas. Greg said that color is in. “Jewels colors are in right now and they should be worn with class.” Quite a few dresses that he made for his new line feature jewel tones. Be sure to check them out.

I also talked with Isis from America’s Next Top Model. She is really beautiful and very nice. She had on this beautiful dress that her designer created and it was fabulous. What made her such an amazing lady (yes, lady for those of you who want to contradict my thoughts) is that she is so down to earth and full of life. She answered many of my ANTM questions including whether or not what we see on TV is real. ‘Everything and then some,” she replied.

We had a very lively debate about my age which was hilarious. She said to me, “I think that you would be a shoe-in for the next show because they are dealing with girls that are 5’7” and shorter.”

“I would love to do that show but I am too young,” I said.

‘Wait a minute, how old are you?” She had a look on her face that said she would not believe that I was younger than 18.

“I am 14.” I said and gave a giggle.

“Shut up! I thought you were like 20.” She laughed. I was flattered that she thought that I had what it takes to be a contender but should I be flattered that I look old. I asked her.

“Oh no, I think that it is because you carry yourself so well that your maturity surpasses your age.” She said giving me a hug.

Finally, I was able to talk to my mentor, Miasha, the lady of the night and how she was feeling about her moment. “I love it.” She looked great as always because when Miasha shops she does it big. I was flattered when she told me that I looked absolutely beautiful.

There were so many other people that I had the chance to meet and speak with about the nights events, that I can’t even begin to type it all. Overall, I hada great time and look forward to my next red carpet event.

In the meantime, take a look at the pics and let me know what you think…

Fashionable Out,
Tweety E.